After experiencing St. Honore bakery with Matt and Sarah, I knew they would love it! So we headed over there after a nice time in the city and sifting through Powell Books. We each enjoyed a hot chocolate and shared pastries.
We also strolled around the Rose Garden. I think that mom stopped to sniff just about every rose at the garden!
This is such a cute picture of them!
We also headed over to Cannon beach and satisfied their cravings for fish and chips!
Another day I took them over to the Silver Falls state park, which I think was their favorite sight to see. They braved the 6.5 mile hike to see 9 waterfalls! They were good troopers!
The picture above is from behind one of the waterfalls.
We hiked Steffen-Style, with hiking poles! I think they rather liked them!
They were so nice and hunted down pumpkins and fall leaves for my church activity with me! Mom was in heaven going to fish and farmers markets. We enjoyed experimenting in the kitchen (we made stuffed trout and beet cupcakes)! Dad enjoyed talking with me about politics :) Cory was unable to go on all our adventures but he made up for it in playing games with us in the evening! We played Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan (which Mom won by pretending like she was loosing!) Cory and I were so sad to see them leave!
1 comment:
Great pictures Erin! That one of Mom and Dad is fantastic. I'm glad they got to go up to see you, it sounds like everyone had such a good time. That bakery has me drooling this morning!
Post a Comment